Followers

Thursday 14 July 2011

Music and Me

I would like to thank Dr Sonia for the blog award she has given me "My Blog has Style", I will pass this award on shortly! Dr Sonia's blog is full of inspirational tutorials - please follow the link and check out her blog.

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog, I love reading the comments and if your link is left I will endeavour to visit you too. Today is my wedding anniversary - 32 years!! so we are off to a Bastille Day  Celebration tonight - I must admit sometimes in the 32 years 'Off With Your Head' has
seemed quite appropriate!

After having the coldest day since 2008 the other day, Adelaide has turned on the sunshine today! After spending the morning visiting health funds to try and find the one that's best for my daughter, I came home to an afternoon crafting with friends. This afternoon I have made a card to enter into the current

SPOTLIGHT ON MASKING- 
 I'd like to see you using masking - This can be using a bought mask (or stencil), making your own, stamping your main image and masking over it before you do your background, using torn paper as a mask, but NOT a picture of a mask. I'd also like a short explanation of how you used your mask.


Card: SU whisper White
Background Stamp: Kazzazz Lucy's Stamps - stamped in SU Creamy Caramel
Girl Stamp: SU from Easter Blossoms - stamped in SU Chocolate Chip
Sentiment: SU Well scripted
Rhinestone embellishments from Stock


I stamped the girl image onto card first, then made a mask from paper (stamped image onto paper then cut just inside the image), placed that over the stamped image on the card, then stamped over the music stamp, I then peeled off the mask to show the stamp underneath.



3 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

Thank You Jane for the kind words. beautiful technique on your creation

Shirley-Anne said...

Stunning Jane , simply beautiful .

Sandy said...

It did turn out well Jane, although the scan has made the silver flowers look black, Good luck in the challenge,
Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...